Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

This book cover for the book "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" is made using a very simple illustration. The cover is a hand that has all of the typography in the handprint. Personally I like the color choice, but thats about it. The title is hard to read since it is rotated 90degrees clockwise and are on the fingers of the hand. After the title is the authors tagline, then in HUGE type is the author's name. At first glance the only thing I really read is the author's name. I think that maybe a better illustration for this could have been a silhouette of New York City; or the skyline made out of text. I think that this is a good idea, but it gives off a narcisitic vibe by making the authors name the size of half of the cover and by making it two times more noticeable than the title. I think that this could be reorganized without destroying the choice of illustration. Some may disagree with me, but I personally do not think that this illustration was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment